Monday, February 21, 2011

Back in Colorado

We have been living back in Colorado for 8 months now. It's puts into perspective how lazy I have been at blogging. When we left off, Jason had been accepted into a Navy commissioning program and could go to any college in the United States. We debated staying in Hawaii or moving back to Colorado for the 3 years it took him to get through the program. The beautiful mountains of Colorado and being close to our family won out. We have been living in the cutest house on the United States Air Force academy. It's surrounded by woods with hiking trails and an over abundance of wildlife. We just love it here.

We finally had to break down and buy a ski rack for my car because our good friend, Liz is no longer here to schlep our gear around for us.
My new Mountain Smith organizer. I keep our food, gloves, goggles, hats and extra stuff in it. I love organization.

Joseph, Sydney and Sierra.



Joseph on his first day of skiing without "The rope". Him and I are riding the chairlift up on the bunny slope. I skied with him the first half of the day while Jason took the girl's up the mountain. Then we switched. After a day of Joseph telling us that snowplowing wasn't real skiing and basically not wanting to listen, we decided next time we would fork over the money and put him in lessons.




Me and Joseph riding up on the chairlift.





Sydney



Me, Jason, Sierra and Sydney and the top of Lift 6 at Loveland Basin.



















Sierra trying snowboarding. She did pretty good.


Jason has little tolerance for the cold since living in Hawaii. He's wearing his Balaclava even though it isn't that cold.











After a full day of lessons, Joseph showed us how he can now ski in a controlled manner.





No comments:

Post a Comment