Saturday, April 3, 2010


We've been living in Hawaii now for almost 10 months. I have done a lot in the last 40 years, but this has to be one of the most incredible experiences I've had. Like any adventure in our journey on this earth, there have been the good and the ugly. Ugly being the 12 inch long centipede that greeted us our first month here. Nothing can prepare a non bug loving person for the shock of a large, monsterous centipede crawling towards you as you are sitting comfortably on the living room floor watching TV. I guess I was too used to middle America where the occassional spider was the only thing I worried about in my house. For the next hour, the kids were screaming and crying on the kitchen counter as I mustered up enough courage to lift the bowl I had placed over the monster to chop in up with a shovel.


No comments:

Post a Comment