Monday, May 24, 2010
I hurt my knee last Friday when I jumped off the high dive at the pool. Blame it on age or poor treatment of my lower joints over the years. Whatever the case, it kept me from running today. I got about 50 feet and had to stop. I'm usually pretty good at exercising through my pain, but this has me beat. I crave the endorphin high from a hard workout, but guess I'll have to take it easy this week so that it heals and I can go out next week... hopefully. I think it's a reoccurring injury from 14 years ago. I was in an accident in Alaska where I got thrown in the water from an inner tube and hit my knee hard on a boulder. I had a hard time walking on it for two weeks after that and every so often, something gets jolted under my left knee cap that feels much like it did back then. I'd go to the Doctor, but I'm afraid they'd want to operate. I've had four surgeries on my right knee and it seems the more they go in there, the worse it gets. I look so funny when I walk up or down a steep incline anymore. I just channel some of that stubborn English/Norwegian/German blood and keep going.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment