I love my bicycle. This is the view I had on my bike workouts!!! I can't think of a better place to train!!!
Finishing the 3.2 mile run!!!! I did it!!!

And I'm off!!!!
Putting on my shoes for the 11 mile bike ride.
I'm in the pink cap. :)
Me on the half mile swim in Kaneohe Bay. Even though Kaneohe Bay has one of largest populations of Hammerhead sharks, I didn't care. When I took off, I got a mouth full of yukky, dirty salt water and had to slow down to catch my breath. The only thing on my mind, was getting this part of the leg over with.
In March, I decided I needed to up my fitness level. I had put on a few pounds since arriving in Hawaii and wanted to shed it off. I have found in the past that the only way I can do that is to set goals. These goals keep me going, even when I want to stop. I knew that running my first triathlon would give me the motivation to take my workout to the next level. For two months, I followed my workout schedule I got off a Sprint Triathlon web site, to a tee. The first four weeks, I was so worn out, I didn't even feel like doing anything. I had to put aside my feelings of guilt for not giving most of my energy to my family and remember that it's okay for me to give to myself on occasions. Aside from being phsically beat much of the time, mentally, I felt great!!! Even though my end goal hadn't been reached yet, working towards it gave me a sense of accomplishment. That's not something I get often being a stay at home Mom.

No comments:
Post a Comment