Saturday, May 29, 2010

I've experienced a lot of loneliness throughout my time as a Navy wife. I've always bordered on the shy side and when we finally start to make friends - we move. Usually, the first 6 months that we live somewhere, the only adult conversation I get is my husband and the clerk at the grocery store. When we do meet people we enjoy, it means a lot to me. The people we have enjoyed the most during our time in Hawaii has been the Chief's community with 3rd Marine Regiment. We have had so much fun with the Hill's, Steeles, Oliver's, and Tommy (whose wife stayed in Florida where they own a house). James and Stephanie Steele are transfering to Navy Base Corpis Cristi and we had one last hurrah before they left. Haleiwa Joe's is nestled along the cliffs of the windward side of Oahu in Kaneohe. It is one of the most beautiful places I've ever eaten at.

Me with my giant Mai Tai!!!!
This was the view from our table!!!!






The guys were all sharing dirty jokes from each other's cell phones.

No comments:

Post a Comment