Friday, June 4, 2010

Kailua Beach

We have lived in Kailua, Hawaii for almost a year now and never went to the beach here in town. Anyway, this morning while I was taking my middle child to the dentist, we were early and decided to hang out at the beach until 9:30. As I walked up over the dune, I was speechless. We have driven by here a hundred times. To think we almost missed one of the most beautiful beaches in Hawaii. After the dentist and a trip to Jamba Juice, we gathered the rest of the family and spent the afternoon on Kailua Beach!!!!!

There were no waves and the water was clear as can be. That's my favorite kind of beach. I'm not into big waves.


Me backfoating in the ocean!!! I was in heaven!!!

Reading again.......

That spit that runs through us in the background is Marine Corps Base Hawaii where we live.





His wounds on his toes were still a little soft. When he went into the ocean, they opened right up. He did good for a while, then said he wanted out because the salt water was stinging his toes. By the time we got home, they were filled with sand and puss. Jason held his arms and one leg, while I held his foot and washed the wounds out really good. I'm surprised his screaming didn't alert the MP's. :) :) :) It's been 3 hours and it's looking great!!!!

Only in Kailua!!!


Enjoying ice cream afterwards in downtown Kailua.

1 comment: